Saturday, March 8, 2014

Delicious PB and Yogurt Frozen Treats

Over at 17Apart they have a great recipe for Valentine's day DIY Natural Frozen Dog Treats.  They looked so easy and like something Coco would absolutely love, so I thought that I'd give them a try.


My favorite recipes are ones that look good, easy, and ones that don't require crazy ingredients that I don't ever have.  This goes for recipes for me and Bill and ones for Coco.  This recipe met most of these requirements except for one: it recommended that you freeze the treats in a shaped ice cube tray, which we didn't have (can you believe we didn't have a single ice cube try in the house?).  I despise leaving the house for a single item, so I improvised!

Items Needed:
cookie sheet
wax paper
cookie cutters
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 regular container yogurt

Directions:
1. Gather ingredients.
2. Clear space in your freezer.  For some, this may take a while.  (Don't judge.  Freezer cleaning is on the to-do list for Spring Break...ok, you can judge, I would do the same.)
3.  Melt PB a little, so it is easier to manipulate.  I melted mine for 20 seconds.  
4.  Let cute brown dog lick bowl once you use PB and it has cooled. (this picture is out of order, but you'll forgive me.)

Next comes the tricky part.  This is where it really would have been handy to have those ice cube trays.  But don't go running out to Petsmart for cute bone shaped trays in your PJs just yet; it is possible to do this with cookie cutters, maybe just a little messier. 

1.  I lined my cookie sheet with some wax paper and set my cutters on them like you see below in the first picture. Then I filled them with the melted PB. (This is when I actually let the little brown dog lick the bowl.)
2.  Then I filled the cutters with the yogurt.
3.  After the cutters are filled with PB and yogurt, I put the sheet in the freezer for 4 hours.  The PB really need a little more time, but Coco told me she couldn't wait any longer.
4.  Let said little brown dog enjoy delicious treats!


These really were pretty easy and Coco gobbled them up.  I thought I would have trouble getting them out of the cutters, but I didn't.  It was a really simple recipe and one that the kids could help with, which I know is important to some!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Coco! Theese ones look very yummy, you must really enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete