Wednesday, March 12, 2014

5 Fun Things to Do with Your Dog on Spring Break

Since I am lucky enough to get the week off, (yay Spring Break!) I've been think a lot about how Coco and I can spend this time together.

Coco understands that Spring Break means relaxing.
So I have put together a little list of things to do with your dog over Spring Break.

1.  Take a hike. 
Usually the weather during the break is nice enough to go for a little hike.  Of course you'll want to make the distance appropriate for both you and your pooch.  

2.  Learn a new trick.
Coco can usually learn something new in a day or two, provided we have the right kind of treat.  This week I think we are going to work on cleaning up her toys.  We started this a few months ago, but it was harder than we thought, which is good.  I like to challenge her and stimulate her brain.  


3.  Go for a run.
We run pretty regularly with Coco, but Spring Break is the perfect time to explore new areas and running trails.  Coco really enjoys running with us, so she loves this suggestion--I checked.  

4.  Play an indoor game.
If the weather is less than ideal, there are still plenty of games you can play with your pup. Try some of these:

5.  Do what your dog loves.
Whenever I have time off, I do what Coco loves: play fetch.  We get a ball and a stick and we play fetch.  Then we take a break and I make her sit and stay and sit down and we play fetch some more.  There is nothing like doing something that your dog loves!

2 comments:

  1. These are great ideas! Thanks for sharing! They can be used for those of us who are snowbound too! Found you from a comment you left on Zaphod's blog. We are your newest followers! Barks and licks and love, Dakota www.dakotasden.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always thinking of our Northern friends...thanks for stopping by!

      Delete