Over the years, I have stepped on some pretty painful toys on the way to the bathroom. I always make sure things are picked up when I go to bed (at least a pathway cleared) but it seems likes Coco takes the most painful ones out again to play with while I'm sleeping.
I've created a list of the most painful dog toys to step on in the middle of the night:
5. Tennis Balls: Our house is littered with tennis balls and if you kick them in the night, it isn't so bad, but if your weight lands on one while stepping mid stride, it can be disastrous.
4. Nylabone Durachews: These things are brutal on the bottoms of your feet! Made for power chewers, there isn't any give to them at all, so if you step on them, you are out of luck.
3. Squirrel Dude: Since it is one of Coco's favorite toys, it is out of her toy basket a lot. The Dude is painful. Ankles may roll.
2. The Tux: Since it is made from a firm material and it is an awkward shape, the Tux is perfect for inflicting pain in the wee hours.
1. And the MOST painful toy to step on, an Antler. These things get sharp, they are long and as hard as can be and they're round. Let's face it, in the wild, their purpose is to inflict pain. Success.
Time to get started on whole-heartedly teaching Coco to clean up her toys on her own!